Once Again, Super Lawyers Honors All Principals of The Employment Law Group® Law Firm as Top-Rated Lawyers
WASHINGTON (April 25, 2014) — Super Lawyers named all five principals of The Employment Law Group® law firm to its 2014 roster of outstanding lawyers, marking the second year in a row that all the firm’s principal attorneys have earned the accolade.
Super Lawyers is an independent rating service that honors lawyers “who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.” Its rigorous process includes review by a blue-ribbon panel of attorneys in each practice area.
Super Lawyers recognizes no more than five percent of practicing lawyers each year. On its honor roll for 2014 are:
- R. Scott Oswald (Managing Principal). Mr. Oswald has brought nearly 50 trials to verdict and has recovered more than $90 million in judgments and settlements for his clients. A Top 100 Trial Lawyer, he is the immediate past president of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
- Adam Augustine Carter (Principal). A seasoned courtroom attorney, negotiator, and problem solver, Mr. Carter speaks frequently on legal strategy before groups such as the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- Nicholas Woodfield (Principal). Mr. Woodfield has tried more than 50 trials, recovering millions of dollars for his clients; Washingtonian magazine recently named him to its Top Lawyers list. He is president of the Virginia Employment Lawyers Association.
- David Scher (Principal). A specialist in qui tam, whistleblower, and discrimination claims, Mr. Scher has won important victories including a $57 million False Claims Act settlement. He appears frequently in the national media as an expert on employment law.
- J. Thomas (Tom) Harrington (Principal). Mr. Harrington recently became a principal at the firm; Super Lawyers named him as a 2014 “Rising Star” — its designation for the best up-and-coming lawyers. He works with clients who suffer workplace discrimination and retaliation.
Super Lawyers also featured Subhashini Bollini, an associate at The Employment Law Group, as a Rising Star for the second year in a row. Ms. Bollini represents clients in discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblower claims. She is a board member of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
“Our firm is pleased to be recognized this way for a second year,” said Mr. Oswald. “We spent the past 12 months with our heads down, fighting for employees who seek workplace justice. Those clients will always be our highest jury — but we’re very proud that, along the way, we have again earned the respect of our peers.”