Whistleblower Law Blog
The Employment Law Group® Law Firm Calls for Stronger Whistleblower Protections
The Employment Law Group® law firm joins the Government Accountability Project (GAP) and 262 other organizations petitioning Congress to strengthen federal whistleblower protections. Yesterday, GAP and other public interest groups delivered a letter to President Barack Obama and legislators stressing the need “to restore a credible Whistleblower Protection Act.” In the letter, the organizations also articulated how crucial it is to have comprehensive whistleblower protections that would:
- Grant employees the right to a jury trial in federal court;
- Specifically protect federal scientists who report efforts to alter, misrepresent, or suppress federal research;
- Extend meaningful protections to FBI and intelligence agency whistleblowers;
- Strengthen protections for federal contractors, as strong as those provided to DoD contractors and grantees in last year’s defense authorization legislation;
- Extend meaningful protections to Transportation Security Officers (screeners);
- Neutralize the government’s use of the “state secrets” privilege;
- Bar the MSPB from ruling for an agency before whistleblowers have the opportunity to present evidence of retaliation;
- Provide whistleblowers the right to be made whole, including compensatory damages;
- Grant comparable due process rights to employees who blow the whistle in the course of a government investigation or who refuse to violate the law; and
- Remove the Federal Circuit’s monopoly on precedent-setting cases.
To read more about The Employment Law Group® law firm’s representation of federal employees under the Whistleblower Protection Act, click here.
Tagged: The Employment Law Group, P.C.