Whistleblower Law Blog
The Employment Law Group® Law Firm Is a Moderator for Webcast on New Whistleblower Protections
Jason Zuckerman, a Principal at The Employment Law Group® law firm will speak at March 17, 2009 webcast CLE titled, “New Whistleblower Protection: The McCaskill Amendment to the Economic Stimulus Bill.” The webcast will provide an overview of the recently-passed whistleblower protection provision in the Economic Stimulus Bill and its effect on whistleblower law and litigation. In particular, the program will address the following questions:
- Will the whistleblower protections for employees of government contractors receiving stimulus funds apply to internal disclosures?
- Will contractor employees be able to recover compensatory damages in a jury trial?
- What is the scope of protected disclosures?
- Is the burden of proof favorable to employees?
- What defenses are available to employers to avoid liability?
- Will prevailing plaintiffs be entitled to attorney fees and litigation costs?
- Will the McCaskill Amendment preempt other statutory and common law remedies available to employees of government contractors?
- Will the new law result in an upsurge in whistleblower litigation?
- How will the McCaskill Amendment affect the interpretation of similar whistleblower protection laws?
- Does the new law completely eviscerate the “duty speech” defense and does the “duty speech” defense apply to other statutory whistleblower claims?
- What changes to other whistleblower laws are likely to be enacted by this Congress?
- What steps can employers take to avoid whistleblower retaliation claims?
For more information about this event click here.
Tagged: P.C., The Employment Law Group, P.C.